4.03.2013

Before & Afters: Exterior


Full disclosure: I just teared up when I made the "after" collage below. Now, let's just get things straight that it may be that I'm 39 weeks, 6 days pregnant, ready for induction tomorrow to meet our son. Clearly a little on the emotional side. But, aside from all that, this house has been a journey. Two years ago Justin had to convince me to buy it. He could see the vision. I could see all the brown and maybe an inkling of the vision. For two years we've been working on the inside (more pics to come) but the outside just never felt like us.

Now, I fully believe that this is just a house. It's a place where we pour into each other and lean into our God. Looks are not what it's all about. But as the inside began to transform to reflect us, the outside just felt blah. So we began to dream about it. And then we finally changed it. It's amazing what a good contractor, new windows, siding, paint, & shutters can do. We love it. You can click on the collages to make the images larger. I would also like to note that I feel slightly bad that the 'before' shots were on a wet, cloudy day and the after shots are bright and sunny. I feel like before and after shots cheat when they do that. But let's be real, even on a bright sunny spring day, that was still a LOT of brown.


A few notes on things we used because I'll wonder about it later...
White double hung replacement windows from Pegram West
James Hardie siding in Autumn Tan
Brick painted in color match to Autumn Tan
New louvers in white
Trim, garage door, side door, back door painted a true white
Shutters (Lowes) in true black
Door color is Sherwin Williams Drizzle
New gutters in white
New porch (Lowes) and garage (Home Depot) lighting in oil rubbed bronze
New door hardware (Home Depot) in oil rubbed bronze
Faux white wood blinds from The Blind Man Too (local)

And just to get this officially on the family blog record, our contractors worked from when I was 36 through 39 weeks pregnant. Yep. Wow. I am still surprised brother did not make his arrival during the process.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: