1.11.2008

Rollin' Over and Rockin' Out

If you follow our blog, we said Grayson "rolled over" a long time ago. Of course it was a fluke (or gravity pulling her big head to the floor as Justin viewed it). But now the time has come for the real deal. It's not been captured on video yet, and Justin has yet to witness it himself, but it happened this week, once, back to front. She loves sleeping on her left side, so we knew the roll was close. She was playing with a toy on her back during awake time and made the flip. Although I was oooohing and ahhhing and clapping, she wasn't really enjoying the fact that she was now on her belly and didn't know how to get back to playing with the toy that had mysteriously disappeared. Here are some recent pictures...




We had our small group over this week for our new monthly tradition of a sharing a family meal. There were 10 adults, one almost-three-year-old, two eight-month-olds, two three-month-olds, lots of spaghetti and meatballs, a variety of pureed delicacies, lots of noise, and a new guitar that Santa brought Charlie Parker Potts for Christmas. Thank goodness our dining room is the largest room in the house. Charlie wanted to rock out with me on guitar, so we "played" his favorite song and all joined in singing (yes, we were all singing, although it sounds like Justin was solo).




5 comments:

justin smith said...

Wow. I've got one silky golden voice. If Randy from American Idol heard me he would say something like "Yo dog. For me, for you, I was feelin' it dog. Where my dog pound at?"

Also, how abotu Chaz Potts face in that picture?! He's totally captured that "ugh, my parents and their friends are so lame" look . . . and at such a young age. Grayson probably won't have that down till she's at least 6 or 7.

For Sale said...

That's great! We had so much fun.

melanie said...

What would Randy say about our talented guitar playing 2 year old?

justin smith said...

He'd say, "I don't know dog. I don't know. It was kinda pitchy in parts. Don't hit me Paula, you know it was pitchy, it was. I don't know dog, not your best. But you're young and you're still in my dog pound. Hoof Hoof Hoof. Come back next year. I'm feelin it next year dog. You're like a yound Clay Aiken. But not this year dog. Sorry dog."

that's about it . . . give or take a "dog".

Anne Smith said...

Grayson is such a beauty. I am her MayMay but I think I would say it even if I weren't. Thanks for having such an hilarious site.